Saturday, August 22, 2020

Pete the Cat Week (Virtually)

 

Pete the Cat Week

Everyday I have a special reading time at 11:45 for one of my Zoom sessions. I read a story and then try to come up with a game to play with the kids through Zoom and then assign some interactive activity through SeeSaw about the story. This week I focused all on Pete the Cat. I think I might have every Pete book!

We did a directed drawing for Pete! The kids did AMAZING!!! Quiestest Zoom ever!


Pete the Cat I Love My White Shoes

We played a game where the kids had to guess which colored shoe Pete was hiding behind. They loved this game so much that we had to play it every day lol Then the kids got to choose anything for their Pete to step in and what color it would change his shoe.


Pete the Cat Rocking in My School Shoes

The kids got to choose anywhere inside or outside their house to rock around! They just had to tell me in their video where they were rocking in their school shoes! It was adorable, because most of them sang! 


Pete the Cat and His Magic Sunglasses

After reading the story I told all the kids to go grab their sunglasses and we took a class Zoom picture. SO CUTE! Then the kids drew a picture of something that makes them happy and recorded a video explaining what makes them feel happy. I loved listening to their responses.


Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons

We practiced numbers by moving buttons onto a t shirt. I would pick one student at a time to tell me what color button to move onto the shirt and then we'd count how many buttons their shirt has. Afterwards, they got to decorate their own shirt and buttons. They also recorded themselves reading their sentence.


Pete the Cat and the Missing Cupcakes

We played a game with pretend cupcakes and a baking tray. I'd fill the tray up with 6 cupcakes and then move the camera and take some away, then challenge the kids to tell me how many I stole. Then the kids got to record themselves telling me who they think would steal their cupcakes. A lot of them said that their dad would! lol


Reading Time

Since this was our first full week of school, we started using our district adopted curriculum, Wonders Smart Start Week 1. Our word of the week was, I, so the kids did lots of interactive slides where they had to read to me. I love love love listening to them read! The question of the week is also "What makes you special?" so in one of the slides they recorded themselves telling me what makes them special. Soooooo sweet :)




No comments:

Post a Comment