Friday, August 1, 2014

Classroom Set-Up Tomorrow!

Decorating/Classroom Set-Up starts tomorrow!! I am super excited. Thankfully I have two amazing parents that help me decorate and set up every year and it always turns out perfect. We are doing an ocean/under the sea theme this year! So here is the blank slate that will be receiving it's makeover tomorrow! Wish me luck! 
If you are setting up a classroom for the first time here is what I recommend:
1. Gut the room, throw away stuff you won't use. Have your room as empty as possible so that you can make it your own and not be in a cluster hoard of past teachers old stuff 
2. Step back and wait for your vision. Take pictures and brainstorm. 
3. Think of your classroom routines and make a list of special areas and bulletin boards you'll want
4. Sketch a design of your room so that set-up and decorating goes much more smoothly and quickly
5. Lesson plan for the first day of school! Eek!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment