Saturday, July 19, 2014

Where Did Summer Go?!

I think I'm having the back to school blues. I looked at the calendar and realized I go back to work in less than 3 weeks and I started getting upset about where in the world did my summer go?! So I reflected back to find out just why my summer went by so fast! 

It started with me buying a new car! 

And then I went to Texas to visit my best friend and her 2 kiddos. This is my bestie, Lacey!

Then I went to the Nuts baseball game for the 4th of July with my parents and my boyfriend. I loooooove the 4th of July because I'm obsessed with sparklers and firework shows!

Then I went to two teacher conferences in the fabulous Las Vegas! I went to the SDE I Teach K and the TpT conference. I met some wonderful people and had so much fun there. 
If you ever go to Vegas you must get this pizza! The place is called Otto's and it's in the Venetian. It's Joe's restaurant from Masterchef so I knew it had to be good! I think the pizza was called prosciutto arugula. Before I went to Vegas I made a list of must-dos and I got them all accomplished!
-go to David Copperfield's show at MGM
-see the volcano show at the Mirage
-get a cupcake from Carlo's Bakery (had to wait in line for almost 2 hours!!)
-ride in the outside gondola at the Venetian
-eat at the "Top of the World" restaurant at the Stratosphere
-go to M&M World and Hershey World
-have a margarita at Margaritaville 
-do some slots!! 
Okay so there were a few other things I wanted to do, but simply ran out of time. So next time I have to:
-see the Bellegio fountain show
-see Penn & Teller magic show
-and relax by the pool

After Vegas I returned home to have my sister, niece, and brother in law visit from Iowa! Amazing week oh my goodness. Despite all the road trips we did, my favorite part was the family time we spent on days we stayed home playing games, chatting, and making s'mores outside in the fire pit. Some places we went...San Francisco to walk across the Golden Gate Bridge.

Then took a stroll through Muir Woods. Here is my one and only amazing sis. 

On our way home we stopped at a restaurant called, "The Kitchen Sink" in Walnut Creek. We got an 8 scoop ice cream sundae!! But split between 6 people we got it done! The next day we went to Monterey beach! And it was a beautiful day! But before we got there we had to stop at Casa de Fruta for some
nuts, dried fruit, and yummy snacks for the trip. And since we had my 8 month f niece we all had to ride the carousel and the Choo Choo train. 

You can't go to Monterey without driving to Carmel and stopping at the beach there. We also drove through 17 mile drive which always has breathtaking views. 

The next day we went on a road trip to Yosemite! We had a picnic down by the river and went up to Glacier Point during a thunderstorm and it was AMAZING!

THEN we decided one day in SF just isn't enough so we went back again to stroll through Pier 39. My favorite thing to do in SF is ride the cable cars and of course....people watch. 

So now I realized where my summer disappeared to.....a place filled with amazing memories. So after reflecting on my summer of fun I have to start focusing on back to school shopping and decorating my room, which these two things always get me super excited!! I want to try to implement a ton of things I've learned from the conferences and also decorate my room with an ocean theme! 

No comments:

Post a Comment