Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Day 6 with Pete the Cat

I survived 6 days! Yay! Honestly, I didn't think that I would. This week is my Pete the Cat week and so far has been going pretty well, because the kids love anything Pete the Cat. I just wanted to share what we did for math today. First, I read Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons. And then we watched the story on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7YMN2ia8z4. Then came the super fun part...I gave everyone a t-shirt template and 4 buttons. I played the story on YouTube again, but didn't show the video this time, because I wanted them to really listen to the story and follow along with their buttons. I also did a shirt on the document camera for anyone that might've been struggling. It was so fun and the kids loved it and did great!! The were begging to glue the buttons on to the shirt and make their own. So I promised I would create a project for us to do tomorrow that they can take home! I guess I better get busy!


















Update! I created this Pete Project for the kiddos tomorrow! You can find it here: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Pete-the-Cats-Groovy-Buttons-1405380



2 comments: